Reporting a Person with A Serious Memory Disorder 

If you know a relative or friend may have a serious memory disorder and are worried about driving safety, you may report that individual to your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). You may use formDS699 to help provide information which will be most useful to the DMV or you may write a letter to your local DMV and identify the driver you want to report and give your reason(s) for making the report.

Either method you choose is fine, but you must remember to sign your name. Anonymous reports will not be considered. You may request that your name or agency not be revealed to the individual being reported. Vehicle Code Section 1808.5 ensures that all records received by the department relating to the physical or mental condition of any person are confidential and not open to public inspection.

You can contact the DMV by calling (800) 777-0133 or visiting http://www.dmv.ca.gov